• 2 (1/2 inch cubes) – boneless Chicken breasts
• 200g (1/2 inch cubes) – cheese
• 1 cup – bread crumbs
• 4 to 5 Cloves – garlic, chopped
• 4 to 5 – black peppercorns, crushed
• 1 tbsp – fresh coriander leaves, chopped
• 2 tsp – Lemon juice
• 1 – egg, beaten
• 1 tbsp – Tomato ketchup
• oil to deep fry
• salt to taste
• For sauce:
• 6 tbsp – mayonnaise
• 3 tbsp – Tomato ketchup
- Put the chicken cubes in a bowl.
- Add garlic, salt, crushed peppercorns, coriander leaves, lemon juice, egg, and tomato ketchup. Let them marinate for half an hour.
- Place the bread crumbs in a plate.
- Take toothpicks and string two chicken cubes on each with a cheese cube between them.
- Roll them in the bread crumbs so that they are well covered all around.
- Dip them in the remaining marinade and once more roll them in the bread crumbs to double coat.
- Press lightly so that the bread crumbs stick firmly.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai till hot.
- Slide the chicken and cheese fingers and deep fry till golden and crisp.
- Drain and place on an absorbent paper.
- To make the sauce, mix mayonnaise and tomato ketchup in a bowl.
- Arrange the chicken and cheese fingers on a serving plate.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley and serve hot with the sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Gargi Roy Choudhury