• 1/2 kg – small Egg plants/brinjals cut into quarters
• 2 tsp – chilli powder
• 2 – onions, sliced
• 1 tsp – cumin powder
• 2 tsp – Poppy Seeds
• 2 tsp – sesame seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 cup – Coconut paste
• 2 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 2 – big tomatoes, chopped
• salt to taste
• 2 tbsp – oil
• Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Fry half the onions lightly and grind it to a paste together with poppy seeds, coconut, and sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the remaining onions till they turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and cumin powder and fry for some time.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the ground coconut paste, and salt, and continue frying till the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add the cut egg plant/brinjals and a little water, and simmer on low heat till they are done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White