• Bengal Gram (channa) dal – 2 tbsp
• black gram (urad) dal – 2 tbsp
• cooked Rice – 6 cup
• grated Coconut – 1 cup
• oil – 4 tbsp
• Garlic – 2 tsp, finely chopped
• Curry leaves – 1/3 cup, finely shredded
• black pepper Corns – 1 tsp, crushed
• salt to taste
- Roast the two dals (without oil) till golden brown. Cool and powder.
- Heat oil in a Kadai and fry garlic till golden brown.
- Add curry leaves, fry for few seconds.
- Add pepper corns and coconut and fry till the coconut is light brown.
- Add the rice, the dal powders and salt.
- Mix well, keep covered on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with onion and tomato chutney.