• 2 cups – basmati rice, washed and soaked for 15 minutes
• 1 cup – Curry leaves
• 1 tbsp – Coriander seeds
• 1 tsp – pepper Corns
• 3 – dry Red Chillies
• 1 tbsp – sesame seeds
• 1 tbsp – Channa dal
• 1 tsp – Urad Dal
• To taste – salt
• As required – oil
• 1 tsp – Ghee
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds and Channa dal
- Transfer the soaked rice, with 4 cups of water, to a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook in high power for 15-20 minutes with the lid closed (stir twice in between).
- Once the rice gets cooked, keep aside and let it cool completely.
- Take enough oil in a microwave safe bowl. Add the curry leaves, coriander seeds, sesame seeds, channa dal, urad dal, dry red chillies, pepper corns and give a stir. Cook in microwave oven for 5 minutes (stir twice) until, a nice aroma comes out.
- Grind these spices with curry leaves and salt into a fine powder.
- Meanwhile take ghee in a bowl, add the mustards and channa dal.
- Cook everything, for 2-3 minutes, until they turn brown.
- Add this tempered spices and curry leaves powder to the rice. Mix everything well.
- Enjoy with papads or potato fries.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya