• 4 big pieces – fresh rohu or hilsa (sauteed)
• 1.5-2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1.5 tsp – slightly crushed Garlic
• 4-5 – Garlic pods, chopped
• 3-4 – Green chillies whole, slit horizontally
• 2-4 – green chillies, chopped
• 1 cup – Curd
• 1 tsp – kasoori Methi
• 2 – red Tomatoes
• 2 – onions, sliced in ring shape
• 1/2 tsp – ajwain
• 1/2 tsp – Kala jeera
• 1 tsp – Kashmir mirch powder
• Coriander leaves
- Make a smooth paste of mustard seeds, garlic, green chillies, tomatoes (if needed with little water).
- Then sieve or drain the paste and keep only the smooth liquid portion.
- Whisk curd well and add kasoori methi.
- Add the mustard-tomato paste and mix it well.
- Add the sauteed fish to the whisked mix dahi paste with 2 tsp of mustard oil and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In a pan take mustard oil 1-2 tbsp, add the marinated fish mixture along with the whole green chilli and sliced onions.
- When the fish becomes tender, put chopped garlic pods.
- Cook the fish for another 5-10 minutes or till the fish becomes tender.
- Season it with mustard oil, ajwain, kala jeera, green chillies whole and Kashmir mirch powder.
- When done pour it on the cooked fish.
- Pour a tsp of mustard oil and chopped coriander leaves over the dish just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Anjali Mohapatra