• Wheat flour – 2 cup
• Milk – 1/2 cup
• Toor Dal – 1 cup
• Melted Ghee or Butter – 1/2 cup
• Salt to be added to Wheat flour
- Knead the wheat flour with a mixture of milk and water into a hard dough
- Take some water in a broad vessel. Make medium sized rolls of the dough and add them to water.
- Cook it until the rolls rise to the top.
- Put these rolls in the oven at 600 F for 15 minutes or until the rolls become light brown in colour.
- Take a thick cloth in your hand and remove the rolls from the oven.
- Press to break them open. Then add to melted ghee or butter.
- Finally roast the toor dal and add on top.
- Serve them hot with baingan ka bharta, kari and achaar.
Recipe courtesy of Pallavi