Dal Pav Bhaji is a variation of making popular Mumbai pav bhaji with a?touch of twist of leftover dal. Bhaji-pav is the most popular street food of Mumbai among all the street foods. And if I am not wrong, everyone in India loves this dish.
My family and friends love to have this dish so much and I make this dish very often. I have seen many different varieties of Bhaji-pav in a road-side stall and also in many restaurants. So here is my twisted dal bhaji-pav recipe for you all.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Servings: 2-3 Persons
– 1 cup leftover dal
– 2 small peeled andamp; diced potatoes
– 1 small tomato
– 3-4 medium pieces of cauliflower
– 2 teaspoons garlic paste
– 1 teaspoon ginger paste
– 2 teaspoons bhaji-pav masala
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 slice of lime, for garnishing
How To Cook?
1. Place diced potatoes, tomato and cauliflower to the pressure cooker with water as per required and with a?little salt. Wait for 2-3 whistles. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool down for a while. Mash it once it is cool slightly.
2. Heat the leftover dal in a pan, add ginger and garlic paste to it. Bring it to the simmer.
3. Once it started simmering add mashed veggies and keep it stirring on HIGH flame until dal turns thick.
4. Finally, season it with salt and bhaji-pav masala. Remove from the heat.
5. Garnish it with a?slice of lime and top it with butter and serve hot with bread.