Dal roti is roti or chapati made by adding cooked dal or lentils to the wheat flour while kneading. My mom often experiments with various Ingredients while kneading chapati dough including boiled and mashed potatoes, butter, ghee and pureed spinach, even cooked rice. However, this interesting idea was shared by my mother. She just makes roti dough with cooked dal and other vegetables like spinach and tomato so that this is very healthy food for us. Mothers and their creativity!
– 1/4 cup tuvar dal
– 1/2 cup chana dal
– 1/2 cup moong dal
– 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
– 1 tablespoon chopped green chilli
– 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– Juice of 1 lime
– 1 finely chopped onion
– 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
– 2 1/2 cups wheat flour
– 1 1/2 cups water for the dal
– 1 teaspoon ajwain
– 3 tablespoons pure ghee
– Salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. First, mix and wash all the dals properly.
2. Now, boil them in water with salt and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a pressure cooker till one whistle.
3. Then, dry the water completely and let it cool and after that mash them well.
4. Now, sieve the wheat flour and salt together.
5. Then add the onion and red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, green chilli and ginger to it.
6. Now, add ajwain and 1 tablespoon of pure ghee to it then mix it well.
7. Then mix in dals and make dough without adding water.
8. When your dough is ready, keep it aside for half an hour.
9. Now, divide the dough in equal balls and roll out individual balls.
10. Then cook the stuffed chapati on hot tava and apply 1 teaspoon of ghee after removing from the tava.
11. Your delicious dal roti is ready.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons