Dalwada a delicious crunchy and deep fried Gujarati snacks that loved by everyone. Basically dalwada is made from moong dal. This crunchy and mildly spicy wada are very popular in Gujarat. Dalwada is also popular as a street food and you can find it easily. Dalwada is best teatime snack which you can enjoy during the rain. During the rainy season people enjoy hot dalwada with raw onions, fried green chilies and tamarind-dates chutney. Dalwada is very easy to make. So, let’s make this yummy dalwada and enjoy the rain.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 4-5 Persons
– 5 cup Moong dal
– Oil for deep frying
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon Green chili paste
– 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
– 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
– 1 teaspoon Baking soda
– Water, as per requirement
How To Make?
1. soak the moon dal at least for 2 hours
2. Once the dal soaked properly, drain extra water from it.
3. Now, add water and salt into the dal and grind it coarsely into the mixture.
4. Once its grand properly add baking soda, green chili paste, ginger paste and coriander leaves to it and mix them properly.
5. Ensure your batter should be thick so it’s easy to fry it.
6. Now, add oil in a frying pan on a MEDIUM flame.
7. Add wada into the oil with figure or spoon and fry it till the dalwada becomes crispy and golden brown.
8. Remove the wadas from the oil and serve hot with tamarind-dates chutney, raw onions and green chilies.