• 1 litre – Fresh Milk
• 1/2 kg – Dates (deseeded and chopped)
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 cup – Walnut (chopped)
• 3 tbsp – Oats
• 4 tbsp – Roasted Almond (chopped)
• 300 ml – Fresh Cream
• 2 cup – Water
- In a nonstick pan add dates and water and cook on a low flame till the dates turn soft.
- Allow the dates to cool. Then using a blender and make a fine paste adding 100 ml milk to the mixture.
- Heat the remaining milk in a pan and cook it on low flame add sugar and date paste and mix well.
- Add oats and half the quantity of crushed walnut and almond, bring to a boil.
- Cool the mixture and refrigerate it.
- While serving steer in the cream and garnish with remaining nuts.
- This recipe is provided by Chef Praveen Gonsalves from Barbeque Nation.
Recipe courtesy of Barbeque Nation