• 2 cups – Thin Coconut Milk (fresh or canned)
• 1 cup – Dates (deseeded and chopped into small pieces)
• 1/2 cup – Whole Milk (optional)
• 1-2 tbsp – Jaggery (powdered)
• 1 tsp – Ilaichi (cardamom) powder
• 3-4 tbsp – Cashew nuts
- Keep aside a few pieces of dates for garnishing. Then grind the rest to a smooth paste along with half the coconut milk.
- Transfer the paste into a heavy bottomed pan and bring to boil.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, jaggery, and ilaichi and boil well.
- If the mixture is too thick, add milk and boil for some more time.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
- Garnish with the remaining date pieces and cashews and serve hot.