• 400g – dates, seedless
• 200g – sada mawa/khoya
• 100g – cashewnuts, coarsely powdered
• 100g – Pistachio and Almond coarsely powdered
• 5 tbsp – Sugar
• 2 tbsp – Milk
• A pinch of Nutmeg powder and Cardamom powder
- Chop the dates into medium-sized pieces.
- In a kadai, mix the dates and milk, and mix well till tender. Fry the mawa for 2 min and remove from flame
- Add sugar, cashew powder, pistachio and badam/almond powder, nutmeg and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Apply ghee in your hand.
- Make small puris from the date mixture and press flat in your palm, like a puri.
- Fill with the mawa filling and roll tightly.
- Dates ladoo is ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Latika