• Payasam Rice – 1/2 cup (approx 125 grams)
• Dates – 20 nos
• Raisins – 20 – 30 nos
• Milk – 2 litres
• Condensed Milk – 200 gms
• Brown Sugar/Jaggery – 100 grams
• Home Made Ghee – 2 tbsp
• Almonds Powder – 50 gms
• Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Wash Rice in two changes of Water.
- In a non-stick, heavy bottomed deep vessel boil Rice in 1700 ml of Milk.
- Reduce to medium flame and cook till it becomes soft and gooey (about 50 mins). Stir frequently to prevent from sticking.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp Ghee in a non-stick pan and stir the seedless Dates for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Transfer this to a blender and make a smooth liquid. Pass through a fine sieve, to filter the Dates skin if any.
- In the same pan heat the remaining 1 tbsp Ghee and stir Raisins for about 2 mins till they swell up.
- To the cooked Rice add the Dates-Milk, Almond Powder, Sugar and Condensed Milk, mix well and on medium flame allow to cook for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle the Cardamom Power and Raisins. Mix well.
- Serve hot.