• For stuffing:
• 250 g – Coconut (grated)
• 250 g – Jaggery
• 1.5 tbsp – sesame
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• For modak base:
• 400 g – Maida
• 3 tbsp – oil
• Salt to taste
- Make a soft dough of the flour by adding oil and salt.
- Heat ghee in a vessel. Add jaggery, coconut and sesame seeds to it.
- Keep stirring continuously on a medium flame till the jaggery dissolves and a sticky mixture is formed.
- Allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
- Make small balls of dough and roll it into circles of 3-4″ diameter.
- Put the stuffing inside and pack it by shaping it like a cone on top.
- This is the modak.
- Take oil in a kadai and deep fry till it turns brown.
- Serve hot or cold.
Recipe courtesy of Swati