• 2 cups – basmati Rice
• 1/2 kg – beans, carrots, potatoes, green peas, Capsicum
• 1/2 tsp – salt
• 1/4 tsp – chilli powder
• 3 tsp – Ghee
• 8 to 10 nos – cloves(grambu)
• Cashewnuts as require
• cinnamon(karugapatta) as require
• Garam Masala powder as require
- Cook rice adding 1 and a half times water and allow it to cool by spreading on a large bowl.
- Cut all the vegetables into long pieces.
- Pour ghee in a frying pan.
- Add cloves, cashewnuts and fry them till they are brown.
- Add the vegetables and fry until they are cooked fully.
- Add salt, chilli powder, ground cinnamon and garam masala powder to taste.
- Add rice and fry until all the items are mixed well.
- Add some extra ghee while serving.
- For side dish:
- Onion curd pachadi or tomato ketchup with vadam.
Recipe courtesy of Shilpa terrence