• 1 – chicken, sliced
• 6 to 7 – Onions (medium sized),
• 1 – whole Garlic
• 1 – tomato, ground in a mixer (optional)
• 2 cups – Mustard oil
• 3/4 tsp – Meat masala
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric
• Red Chilli powder – to taste
• Salt – to taste
- Heat mustard oil in a pressure cooker with the lid open.
- Fry the chicken pieces one by one till half done (don’t fry it completely). Keep it aside.
- In the same oil, sautee onions and whole garlic cloves till they turn brown.
- Add meat masala, turmeric, red chilli powder, and a little salt.
- Add the tomato puree (optional)
- Pour a dash of water, and continue to fry the masala till the oil starts rising.
- Add the fried chicken to the masala.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then add water.
- Cover the lid and pressure cook for 2 to whistles.
- Do not overcook.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Akanksha P. Verma