• 1 cup tur dal or masoor dal
• 2 onions, chopped
• 2 green chillies, chopped
• 1 tsp garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp ginger, chopped
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric
• 1/4 tsp mustard
• few Curry leaves
• salt to taste
• 1 tsp oil
- Cook dal with sufficient water and 1/4 tsp turmeric in a pressure cooker till it becomes soft.
- Mash and add salt to it and keep it aside. (The dal should be thick)
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard.
- When it splutters add the chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and garlic and fry well till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the cooked and mashed dal and mix well.
- Add a little ghee while serving.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White