• 1/2 cup (100 g) – Urad Dal (black gram dal)
• 1 cup (200 g) – raw Rice
• Water for grinding
• 1 tbsp – dry roasted cumin powder (jeera powder)
• Salt to taste
• Oil for frying
- Soak rice and dal separately for 4 – 6 hours.
- Grind dal coarsely.
- Separately, grind rice coarsely.
- Mix the rice and dal with little hot water, cumin powder and salt to the batter.
- Batter should be thick in consistency.
- No need to ferment the batter.
- Heat a deep thick bottomed kadai (deep kadai will give a perfect shape).
- Sprinkle 1 tsp oil.
- Spread a ladle of the batte (do not spread and make circles like normal dosa. Dibba rotti is a thick pan cake).
- Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes (underside should be golden colour).
- Flip over and cook the other side until done and light golden colour (approximately 7 – 10 minutes).
- Remove carefully with flat spatula.
- Cut into a desired shape and serve hot with coconut chutney or spicy Andhra pickles or any vegetable gravy dishes.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya