• Ground Rice – 3 cups
• black gram – 1 cup
• fresh grated Coconut – 2 cups
• Jaggery – 1/4 kg
• baking powder – 1 tsp
• oil – 200g
• cashews, Raisins – as needed
• coriander powder – as needed
- Soak black gram (urad dal) overnight and grind to smooth paste.
- Fry rice to light brown colour and grind it into fine powder.
- Mix rice, black gram (paste), coconut, jaggery, baking powder, cashew, raisins and coriander powder to make a smooth paste. Keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Add oil in a pressure pan and pour the paste into it. Cover (without gasket) and cook for 50-60 minutes on a low flame.
- Let it cool and cut it into pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Gowri