• 5 – Catfish, cut into medium sized pieces
• For Masala:
• Yogurt – 4 tbsp
• Onion paste – 4 tbsp
• Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
• Cinnamon stick – a pinch
• Small Cardamom – 4, powdered
• Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
• Chilli powder – 2 tsp (or according to your taste)
• Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Cooking oil
- Wash the fish properly and mix all the masala (except oil, cinnamon and cardamom) in it and marinate for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottomed skillet and put the cinnamon in it.
- Then put the fish pieces side by side.
- Cook on low heat, put all the remaining marinade on top of the fish, and cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Then turn the fish pieces carefully and cover it and cook for a few more minutes.
- Check whether they are cooked thoroughly and then add the ground cardamom and serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Saswati