• 600 gm grated Bottle Gourd
• 100 gm almonds, blanched and sliced
• 500 gm Ghee
• 450 gm Sugar
• 400 gm water
• 1/2 gm saffron, dissolved in 1 tbsp Milk
• 2 tbsp rose water
• 1 sheet silver warq for decoration
- Heat the ghee in a kadai. Add the grated bottle gourd (with water squeezed out) and saute for 3 to 5 minutes on a medium hot fire.
- Add the sugar and cook till it melts.
- Toss in the almonds and then add the water.
- Cook continuously till the mixture begins to harden.
- Add the saffron and rose water and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased tray and set it out like barfi.
- When cool, decorate with the silver warq sheet.
- Cut into diamond shapes and serve.