• 1 – medium-sized Bottle Gourd
• 1.5 cups – Wheat flour
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Turmeric
• 2 pinches of Asafoetida
• salt to taste
• 1 tbsp – oil
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
- Grate the bottle gourd and drain the water into a vessel and keep aside.
- Mix wheat flour with chilli powder, turmeric, asafoetida and salt.
- Add the grated bottle gourd. Mix well while adding the remaining water and prepare a soft dough.
- Flatten the dough on a greased plate and pressure-cook for 20 minutes (without the whistle).
- Cut the dough into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, add the pieces of dough, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Vidhya