• 1 cup – doodhi/bottle gourd, peeled and grated
• 6-8 tbsp – Rice flour
• 1 – small onion, chopped
• 3 – whole Red Chillies
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• a few Curry leaves
• salt to taste
• 1 tsp – oil
- Grind the onion, broken red chillies, cumin seeds and salt into coarse paste without adding any water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rice flour, ground onion paste, grated doodhi, curry leaves and salt and make a dough.
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Apply 1/4 tsp of oil and place a portion of the mixture on the pan. Carefully spread the mixture with wet fingers into a somewhat thick roti.
- Make a couple of perforations on the roti to let the insides cook.
- Cover and cook for around 5 minutes and remove the lid.
- Serve with mango pickle and dahi.
Recipe courtesy of shilpa