• 200 g – dried prawns.
• 2 tbsp – chilli powder.
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder.
• 1 tbsp – chopped garlic.
• 2 tbsp – salt.
• 1 tsp – powdered mustard seeds.
• 1 tsp – powdered Fenugreek seeds.
• Few – curry leaves.
• 1 cup – refined oil.
• 1 cup – vinegar.
- Wash the prawns well and leave it to dry in the sun, for one hour.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a pan and fry the prawns, till brown. Keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil, till smoky.
- Add curry leaves, chopped garlic and fry well.
- Now add the chilli powder, fenugreek powder, mustard powder, salt, vinegar and fry for some time.
- Add the prawns and mix well. Simmer for 5 mins, then remove from heat.
- When the pickle is cold, store in bottles and use when required.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White