• 4 – Drumsticks (lightly scrapped and cut into 3-4″ pieces)
• 2 – onions, cut into small pieces
• 2 – green chillies, cut into small pieces
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/8 tsp – Turmeric powder
• salt to taste
• 2 tbsp – oil
• 6-8 Cloves – garlic, peeled and crushed roughly
• 1 tbsp – white til, dry-fried and powdered
• 1 tbsp – desiccated Coconut powder
• 2 tsp – chopped Coriander leaves
- Boil the drumsticks in just enough water with salt and turmeric until soft (not mushy). Drain the water and keep the drumsticks aside.
- Heat oil. Add onions, green chillies and crushed garlic and a little salt. Fry until the onions become soft and pink.
- Add dhania powder, red chilli powder and the drumsticks and mix well.
- Cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Sprinkle coconut powder, til powder and chopped coriander.
- Mix well and fry for 2 minutes until the curry becomes dry.
- Serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Uma Devi Ramachandra