Soft yet crunchy, Dry Fruit Barfi is a delightful treat for people of all ages. This can be super-healthy. As the name suggests it combines iron-rich and flavorful Ingredients like figs, dates, almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts, pistachio, raisins and gulkand. And the nutmeg powder and cardamom powder together with ghee imparts a rich and magical aroma to this luscious Diwali festival special sweet. Must try this sweet on this Diwali occasions!
– 1 1/2 cups dried figs
– 1 cup dates
– 1/3 Cup almonds
– 1/3 Cup cashew nuts
– 1/3 Cup walnuts
– 1/3 Cup pistachio
– 1/3 Cup raisins
– 1 tablespoon gulkand (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
– 1 tablespoon ghee
– 1 silver warq (optional)
How To Cook?
1. Take dried figs in a bowl and soak them in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry well.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop dates, almond, cashew nuts, walnuts, pistachios and raisins.
3. Then place soaked figs in a mixture blender and blend them to a smooth paste without adding water to it.
4. Heat ghee in pan and add figs paste saut? it well for a minute. Add chopped dates mix well. Cook them for 2 minutes.
5. Add chopped dry fruits and mix them well so that everything combine well.
6. Finally, add cardamom powder and, nutmeg powder and gulkand. Mix well and cook for a minute.
7. Now, switch off the flame and pour this barfi mixture to the greased tray, spread it well. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
8. Add silver warq over barfi mixture and cut in desire shape with a greased knife.
9. Dry Fruit Barfi is ready to enjoy with your friend and family.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes