Dry fruit halwa is one of the easy Diwali sweets recipe. It’s full of different dry fruits like dates, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, cashewnuts and more. To make the dry fruit halwa at home is very easy and quick. It’s also made during the winter season to keep yourself healthy and fit.
– 1 Cup Pistachios
– 1 cup Walnuts
– 1 cup Almonds
– 1 teaspoon melon seeds
– 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
– 1/2 cup dates
– 2 cups sugar
– 2 cup ghee
How To Make?
1. Grease the tray with the ghee and set aside.
2. In a frying pan, add 1 teaspoon ghee and fry pistachios, walnuts and almonds till it starts leaving the nice aromas.
3. Now, remove it from the pan and make a coarse powder of it. Then add cardamom powder and set aside.
4. Then grind dates, water and sugar together and make a smooth puree from it.
5. Now, take a heavy bottom kadhai and add ghee to it and then add dates puree to it on a MEDIUM heat and let it boil for 5-6 minutes. Keep stirring.
6. After that you can see that the puree starts becoming thicken, continue cooking it for 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring.
7. Now, simmer the heat and add nuts to the mixture and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
8. Now, turn of the heat and remove the vessel from the heat and spread the mixture into the greased plate.
9. Garnish the dry fruit halwa with watermelon seeds and serve hot. You can also store it into the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons