• For Pasta dough: 200g – Durum Wheat
• Yolk of 2 eggs
• 1 whole Egg
• 15ml – Olive oil
• For Tomato Basil sauce: 200g – ripe Tomatoes
• 50ml – Tomato puree
• a few Basil leaves
• 30g – Grana Padano cheese
• For duck filling: 150g – roasted duck
• 50g – Cream cheese
• salt to taste
• pepper to taste
• Chopped Onion – 1
• 2 pods – Garlic
• 1/2 tsp – Butter
- Roll the pasta sheet into thin layers, about 4-5mm, either in a pasta machine or with the rolling stick.
- Keep the filling in between, apply egg or water in order to hold it together, and top up with another sheet.
- Cut the pasta in the desired shape and blanch in salted boiling water.
- Saute chopped onions and garlic in olive oil and add the duck.
- Add the roasted tomato and tomato puree and cook it for some time.
- Add the blanched pasta in the sauce and toss it. Correct the seasoning. Finish it with cream, fresh basil leaves, butter, and Grana Padano cheese.
- Arrange it in a serving bowl and garnish it with Grana Padano flakes and fresh basil sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Deva Kumar R