• 3 cups – Full Cream Milk
• 1 cup – Half and half Cream
• 1/2 cup – Basmati Rice
• 1 tbsp- Pistachios
• 5-7 – Almonds
• 1 tsp – Cardamom
• Kesar- 4-5 strands
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
- Mix milk and half and half in a pan and boil on a low flame till the milk reduces by 20% and thickens.
- Add the sugar to the milk and stir well.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a bowl.
- Drain the excess water from the rice and add cold water to it so that it does not stick together.
- Slice the pistachios and almonds, and crush the cardamoms and keep aside.
- Soak kesar in a tablespoon of warm milk for 15 minutes.
- Now, add the drained rice, almonds, pistachios, cardamom, and kesar to the thickened milk and stir.
- Boil for 5 minutes and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Serve cold.
Recipe courtesy of Rupa