• Grated Carrot – 1 cup
• Plain flour – 1.5 cups
• Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
• Ground Nutmeg – 2 tsp
• Ground Cinnamon – 2 tsp
• 1 – Egg
• Milk – 1 cup
• Butter – 3/4 cup
• Baking powder – 1 to 1.5 tsp
• Raisins/sultanas – 5 tsp
• (Substitute with 1 cup Butter and 1.5 cups of Milk if you want an eggless cake)
- Mix the flour and sugar together. Warm the butter and fold it in the flour.
- Add the grated carrot and the egg.
- Now add the ground nutmeg, cinnamon, raisins, and milk. Add the baking powder.
- You may add more sugar depending on how sweet you want your cake to be.
- Mix the above batter well till you get a smooth, moist consistency.
- If the mixture appears too dry, add a little milk.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tin and bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- When the cake becomes a nice brown in colour, it means it is ready.
Recipe courtesy of Vaijayanti