• 500 g – Cauliflower (cut into medium sized florets)
• 3 medium sized Onions (finely chopped)
• 3 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
• 1.5 tsp – Ginger and Garlic (crushed)
• 2 finely chopped Green chillies (or as per taste)
• Â½ tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 tbsp – fresh Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
• 3 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
- Wash the cauliflower well. Rub all over with salt.
- Put into a shallow microwave safe dish and microwave at 100% power for 6-8 minutes depending on the quality of the vegetable. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a microwave-safe dish, and microwave at 100% power for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions. Continue to cook at the same power level for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chillies and crushed ginger-garlic. Mix well. Continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- Add the powdered spices and very little salt.
- Continue cooking for 4- 5 minutes or till the oil starts to separate.
- Stir in the finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Add this mixture to the cauliflower and mix well.
- When you are ready to serve, microwave at 70% and grill for 8 minutes. Now add the cauliflower in.
- Cook at this power level till the cauliflower is heated right through and browned as well.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja