• Ricotta cheese – 2 cups
• Half and half Milk (or whole Milk) – 3 cups
• Sugar – 1 cup
• Almonds – 10
• Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
• Ghee – 1 tsp
• A few strands – Saffron
- Pour the milk in a pan and boil it to half the quantity.
- Add sugar and ricotta cheese and boil again.
- Add saffron to the milk mixture.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease a plate with ghee.
- Pour the mixture on the plate and flatten quickly.
- Garnish with almond slices.
- When the kalakand cools down, cut into diamond-shaped pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Manjula Kolluru