• eggs – 5
• Onions, finely chopped – 4
• Fresh Coconut – 3 tsp
• Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
• Garam Masala – 1 tsp
• Cumin and coriander powder – 1 tsp
• Chilli powder – 3 tsp
• Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
• Oil – 3 tbsp
• Salt – 3 tsp
• For garnish:
• Roasted cashew – 8
• Coriander leaves – a few strands
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add onions and fry them till they are transparent
- Add ginger-garlic paste and turmeric. Fry for 1 or 2 mins.
- Then add cumin, coriander powder, garam masala, coconut, chilli powder and salt.
- Add a little water to make the gravy thinner
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the oil separates.
- When it is done, break the eggs directly into the kadai
- Cover (pour some water on the lid – this will ensure curry doesn’t stick to the bottom) and cook for another 5 to 8 mins.
- Once the eggs are cooked, flip them carefully so as not to break the yolk. Cover, pour some water on the lid, and cook for another 5 mins.
- Once the eggs are done completely, remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves and cashews
- Serve hot with rotis or rice
Recipe courtesy of Jyothi Polisetty