• 6 – eggs
• 2 – big Tomatoes
• 3 – big Onions
• 1 – big bell pepper (capsicum)
• 1 – slice of cheese (sandwich single)
• 1/2 a tsp – Turmeric
• Red Chilli powder – according to your taste
• chopped coriander
• 1 pinch – hing.
- Slice onions, tomatoes and capsicum.
- Heat oil in a pan. You can also add butter for extra flavour.
- When oil is hot enough add hing and onions and fry onions nice and brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry them for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add capsicum and fry them for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add all the spices and cheese and keep frying so the cheese melts.
- Lower the heat and add a cup of water.
- Stir the sauce for some more time.
- Sauce should not be watery, just thick enough to hold the eggs.
- Now very gently break the eggs side by side, do not disturb yolk.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves and cover the pan and let it cook on very low heat for about 10-15 minutes till eggs are set.
- Serve with chapatti or bread.
Recipe courtesy of Priti