A spicy and delightful boiled egg curry made in onion and tomato gravy
6 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup tomato puree
3-4 flakes of garlic
1-2 red chilies (as per taste)
1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 small stick cinnamon
1 bay leaf
3-4 whole black pepper
3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
Red chilli powder to taste
3/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil / ghee
Salt to taste
1. Peel the outer shell of boiled eggs, cut into two equal halves gently and keep aside.
2. Grind onion, garlic and red chilies (soaked in water) in a mixer to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan or kadhi, add kasoori methi, cumin seeds, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, bay leaf and allow it to crackle.
4. Now add onion paste and fry until golden brown.
5. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder and fry for a minute.
6. Add tomato puree and fry until oil separates. Add half cup of water and cook until water dries up.
7. Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil and reduce the flame.
8. Now add the yellow yolk of 2-3 eggs in the mixture, add salt, cardamom powder and mix well.
9. Add boiled eggs and season with garam masala and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes over low heat.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes