• 400 g – Milkmaid sweetened condensed Milk
• 200 g – Maida
• 100 g – Butter
• 1 tsp – baking powder
• 1 tsp – soda bicarbonate
• 150 ml – aerated soda
• 1/2 tsp – vanilla essence
- Grease an 8 inch diameter baking tin and dust it with flour.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C.
- Sieve together the maida, baking powder and soda bicarbonate (2-3 times for better aeration).
- Soften the butter. Add condensed milk and beat well.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Add the maida mixture and aerated soda alternately to the batter till all the maida and soda are used up.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a while.
- Loosen the sides of the cake, using a knife if necessary.
- Turnout over a wire rack/plate.
Recipe courtesy of Bindu