• 1 cup – whole Wheat flour
• 1 cup – pitted Dates
• 1 cup – Orange juice
• 2 tbsp – refined oil
• 1/2 cup – jaggery/ brown Sugar/ Sugar
• 1 tsp – baking powder
• 1/4 tsp – baking soda
• 1 tbsp – grated Orange peel
• 1 tsp – vanilla essence
• 2 tbsp – chopped Almonds or Cashewnuts
• Pinch of salt
• 1 tbsp – breadcrumbs
- Grease a flat microwaveable bowl by using a little bit of butter or ghee.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over it instead of flour.
- Soak dates in warm orange juice for half an hour.
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a mixie. Keep it aside.
- Put all the other ingredients (except almonds) in a mixie and make a fine paste.
- Add flour gradually along with 2-3 tsp of milk.
- Pour the batter in the bowl and microwave it for 5-6 minutes.
- Let it stand in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
- Insert a clean knife in the centre. If it comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
- Otherwise, microwave it for a minute or 30 seconds.
- Serve with almonds sprinkled on top.
Recipe courtesy of Vasundhara Parvate