• 2 cups – All-purpose flour
• 1 cup – Corn flour
• 1.25 cups – Sugar
• 1 tbsp – Flaxseed meal
• 1 cup – Grapefruit juice
• 1 cup – Yogurt
• 1 cup – Olive oil
• 1 tsp – Baking powder
• 1 tsp – Baking soda
• Grapefruit Syrup:
• 1/2 cup – Grapefruit juice
• 1 tsp – Grapefruit peels
• 1/4 cup – Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Mix the flaxseed meal in a 3 tbsp of lukewarm water as thick paste.
- Combine together the all-purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda and baking powder in a large vessel.
- Beat together the sugar, yogurt, olive oil, grapefruit juice until everything turns soft.
- Add gradually the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients along with flaxseed meal paste. Mix well with a spatula.
- Grease a cake pan and pour the batter.
- Place the cake mould in the middle rack and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Meanwhile make a syrup by boiling the grapefruit juice, grapefruit peels and sugar. Once the sugar gets dissolved, put off the stove and strain the syrup. Let it cool completely.
- Pour this syrup over the cake, make small holes with a skewer on the top of the cake and let it sit for a few minutes until the syrup gets absorbed by the cake. Cool it completely.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Priya Suresh -2