• 4 – long Eggplants
• 1.5 inch piece – Ginger
• 2-3 – Garlic Cloves (depending upon your taste)
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Coriander powder
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1.5 tsp – Amchur
• 2-3 tbsp – Olive oil
• Salt and Chilli Powder to taste
- Quarter the eggplants length wise and cut into about 3 inch long pieces.
- Heat the olive oil (medium heat) and add the mustard seeds.
- Once they splutter, add the grated ginger and finely slivered garlic. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once they begin turning brownish, add the coriander and turmeric powder.
- Then add the eggplant, salt and chilli powder.
- Stir to coat the eggplant pieces with the masala.
- Cover and continue cooking on medium to low heat until the eggplant becomes soft (you may have to add some more oil). Do check on it a couple of times and stir.
- Before switching off the heat, add the amchur powder and mix well.
- If you would like some crunch, uncover and cook for some more time, taking care not to burn the eggplants.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Pratibha Sachin