• 2 to 3 – eggplants, cut into 4 cm long pieces and halved
• 8 – fresh Prawns (with tail intact)
• 2 cm – shrimp paste
• 2 Cloves – garlic, chopped
• 1 – large onion, chopped
• 2 tsp – chilli paste
• 1 cm – fresh turmeric, pounded
• Salt and Sugar to taste
- Heat the wok. Put in the shrimp paste, break it into bits and roast until fragrant.
- Then add in 6 tbsp oil. Stir fry the garlic and onions.
- Add in the prawns, pounded turmeric and chilli paste.
- Add oil if paste is dry.
- Finally, add in the eggplant and stir fry until cooked on all sides.
- Season with salt and sugar.
- Sprinkle a bit of water. Cook until done. Use low flame for this dish.
Recipe courtesy of Sudha Mohan