Fafda is a traditional Gujarati Snacks which represents the identity of Gujarat. Fafda is made from gram flour and other Indian spices which is very easy to make and very delicious to eat. Fafda is eaten with Papaya sambharo and Gujarati Kadhi. During Navratri and Dasera it’s a tradition to eat Fafda and Jalebi. Here is the recipe for homemade Fafda.
– 2 cups besan (chickpea flour)
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain (thymol)
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
– Salt to taste
– Oil for deep frying
– Water as per requirment
– A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
How To Make?
1. In a bowl, mix besan, baking soda, ajwain, turmeric powder, salt, hing and oil. Add required water to it and knead it well and make soft dough.
2. if the dough looks sticky then add 1 teaspoon oil to it and again knead it.
3. Now, divide the dough in small portions and make small balls from it. Then with your palm, flatten the dough in a straight line.
4. Cut the dough into long strips.
5. Now, in a kadai heat the oil and fry these strips over MEDIUM heat. Deep-fry it until it becomes crispy.
6. Serve hot fafda with Papaya Sambharo and Gujarati Kadhi. You can also add Jalabi while serving fafda.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 3-4 Persons