Aloo Khichdi is another potato recipe to tryout during fasting or vrat/upvas. This khichdi version is one of the most widely preferred as a fasting food in Gujarat during Shravan month or any other regular fasting days. Aloo Khichdi is quick and easy recipe that is generally prepared from parsai ke chawal, cubed potatoes and some spices. Learn how to make this absolutely delicious recipe of Farali Aloo Khichdi.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons
– 1 cup parsai ke chawal
– 2 tablespoons ghee
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 2 cloves
– 2 green cardamoms
– 1 inch cinnamon stick, broken into two pieces
– 1 large diced potato
– 2 teaspoons rock salt
– ? teaspoon red chilli powder
– 3 cups water
– Few coriander leaves, for garnish
How To Cook?
1. Heat the ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds, cloves, green cardamoms and cinnamon stick to and let it fragrant.
2. Add dices potatoes and parsai ke chawal. Mix them well and saut? it till lightly fried.
3. Now add rock salt, red chilli powder and water to and bring it to boil.
4. When the water starts boiling, lower the heat and cover the pan with the lid and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. When it is cooked transfer it in a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.