In India, chaat are very popular street food and typically it is served at road-side tracks from the food carts. From different region and state you will find different variety of chaats. But today I am bringing you a special chaat recipe just for the fasting days. Farali fruit chaat is a vrat special snack recipe. It is very delicious and lip-smacking snack dish. So people without wasting time try recipe and enjoy your snack time with mouthwatering dish.
– 300 gm sweet potatoes
– 100 gm potatoes
– 1 tablespoon ginger-chilli paste
– 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
– 1 lime
– 50 gm cream
– 50 gm grapes
– 3 peeled andamp; sliced sapodilla (chickoo)
– 2 peeled andamp; finely chopped bananas
– 1 sliced apple
– 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
– 2 large tomato
– 1 medium capsicum
– 1 tablespoon arrowroot
– 1 tablespoon scraped coconut
– 1/4 cup peeled & chopped papaya
– Few cherries
– 1 1/2 farali masala
– Rock salt to taste
– Oil for shallow fry
For Farali Masala:
– 4 cloves
– 8 peppercorns
– 1 inch cinnamon stick
– 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
– 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
– 1/2 tablespoon dry mango powder
– Rock salt to taste
How To Cook?
To Make Cutlet:
1. Boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes in pressure cooker till it’s done.
2. Peel them and mash them with using potato masher then add ginger-chilli paste, half of coriander leaves, lime juice, arrowroot and salt to it. Mix them well.
3. Divide these mixture into equal portions and shape them into flat round shaped cutlets.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a pan and shallow fry these cutlets till both the sides are evenly roasted, crisp and golden.
To Make Farali Masala:
1. Heat a pan and dry roast cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds and coriander seeds till fragrant.
2. Put dry roast spices in a mixture jar and grind it in powder.
3. Store it in an airtight jar and use when require.
To Make Chaat:
1. Now, take the capsicum and 1 tomato and cut them into rings across the diameter.
2. Take a cutlet in a plate and cut into four pieces.
3. Spread some cream over the cutlet then top with sapodilla slice, apple slice, chopped banana, grape, few pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves and scraped coconut.
4. Similarly prepare all the cutlets.
5. At the serving time, put tomato and capsicum ring around the prepared cutlet and again put some pomegranate seeds and also cherry too.
6. Now, take remaining tomato and cut it from the top across the diameter and de-seed it.
7. Now, fill this tomato with chopped papaya, pomegranate seeds, few grapes and chopped banana.
8. Then thread papaya cube, banana cube, grape and cherry alternating on a wooden skewer. Place this prepared stirrer on the tomato.
9. In a serving plate, spread grated apple in the center and put prepared tomato on it then put the prepared cutlet chaat.
10. Your farali fruit chaat is ready to enjoy.
Preparation Time: 30-35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes