Handvo is all time favorite and the much-loved Gujarati snack dish. it is one of the most preferable handvo recipe during fasting days. This baked savory cake is a treat for tea-time, brunch or anytime. This palatable and pleasant cake is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. It is made with an aromatic mix of yogurt, sago, potato, amaranth and water chestnut flours, peanuts and spiced with chilli. Relish the flavours of farali hadva with this easy recipe.
– 1 cup grated potato
– 1 cup soaked sago
– 1/2 cup amaranth flour
– 1/2 cup water chestnut flour
– 2 tablespoons peanut powder
– 1 tablespoon yogurt
– 1/2 tablespoon sugar
– 1 tablespoon ginger-chilli paste
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon-clove powder
– Red chilli powder to taste
– Rock salt to taste
– 3 tablespoons oil
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 6-7 curry leaves
– 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
How To Cook?
1. In a large bowl, mix together the grated potato, sago, amaranth flour, water chestnut flour, peanut powder, yogurt, ginger-chilli paste, cinnamon-clove powder, red chilli powder, sugar and rock salt.
2. Now, add water to it and form a batter of medium thick consistency.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed deep pan and add cumin seeds and sesame seeds. Allow them to crackle.
4. Once they crackled add curry leaves and saut? it for few seconds then pour the prepared batter evenly to make a thick layer.
5. Cover and cook on LOW heat till the base turns golden brown and crisp.
6. Now, lift the hadvo gently using 2 large flat spoons or spatula and turn it over to the other side.
7. Cover and cook on other side till turns golden brown and crisp from other side.
8. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool a bit.
9. Then cut it into pieces and serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons