Farali Khandvi is another famous Gujarati snack dish. This khandvi recipe is similar to the regular khandvi recipe but instead of using gram flour in this farali khandvi recipe we need water chestnut flour to make and in tempering mustard seeds are avoided because its fasting recipe. To enthrall your taste buds with its irresistible flavors and amazing taste try out quickly!
– 1 cup water chestnut flour
– 3 cups buttermilk
– 2 teaspoons green chilli paste
– 2 tablespoons coconut scrape
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 6-7 curry leaves
– 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
– Oil for tempering
– Rock salt to taste
– Fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing
How To Cook?
1. Mix the water chestnut flour with green chilli paste, salt and buttermilk. Make sure there are no lumps remain.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan, cook this mixture, stirring continuously till it becomes a smooth thick batter.
3. Grease thali on both the sides using oil and quickly spread portions of cooked mixture and make thin layer while the batter is still hot. Allow it to cool.
4. When its cool, with using knife cut into wide stripes and roll them gently. Arrange them on plate.
5. In a pan, heat oil for tempering and once hot add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Allow them to splutter and immediately remove from the heat.
6. Pour this tempering on khandvi and sprinkle coconut scrape.
7. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons