• 1 cup – dried black beans, soaked for a few hours and cooked until tender, then drained (you can skip the soaking if you use a pressure cooker). Substitute, if you like, with 2.5 cups – of canned black beans, drained.
• 1 cup – Garbanzo Bean flour or Chickpea flour or besan
• 1/2 cup – rolled or instant Oats
• 1/2 cup – cooked brown Rice
• 1/2 cup – Walnuts
• 1/4 cup – frozen Corn kernels
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder (reduce, for less heat, or substitute with 1 chipotle chilli in adobo sauce)
• 1/2 cup – minced savory herbs (like sage, marjoram, Oregano or thyme)
• 2 tsp – Garam Masala
• Salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor, and process until they become grainy but ensure they are still textured.
- Heat a cast-iron or non-stick skillet and spray lightly with oil.
- Form two-inch discs with the burger batter and drop them into the skillet.
- The batter will be a little runnier than you’d expect, but it will set and form into firm patties as the burger cooks.
- Flip over when the underside is golden-brown, and cook on the other side about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with salsa, guacamole, and atop a delicious roll.
- Recipe courtesy: Holy Cow Vegan