• 5 – potatoes, medium-sized
• 3 – Tomatoes
• 2 – Onions
• 2 cups – chopped beans, cauliflower, Carrot Green peas
• 3 tsp – chopped Ginger
• 4 – Green chillies
• 2 Cloves – garlic, optional
• 3 tsp – cashews, cloves, raisins, green cardamom, crushed
• 1.2 cup – chopped coriander
• 1 – Lemon
- Saute the onions until golden brown in 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, garlic.
- Pressure cook the potatoes and other veggies or in an open vessel with three times the water quantity.
- Peel the potatoes and crush it.
- Add the potatoes and veggies to the sauteed onions and tomatoes along with the veggie water.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder to it and mix well.
- You can also add some pav-bhaji/channa masala if you want it to be more spicy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and sliced lemon.
- Serve hot with rice or chapattis.
Recipe courtesy of Lavanya