• 2 cups – flour –
• 100 ml – Ghee
• 20 -30 g – Sugar
• 2 g – ajwain
• Salt to taste
- Mix ghee, flour and sugar together and prepare dough as for roti. Roll the dough about 3 cm thick.
- Cut the rolled dough into small diamonds.
- Heat some ghee in karahi and fry the pieces till complete brown.
- Prepare a thick syrup of sugar and water. (The syrup should be thick so that when it is cooled it hardens and looks white.
- Finally put the fried dough in the syrup and quickly cool it by mixing with a large spoon.
- Serve after cutting into desired shapes.
Recipe courtesy of Najendra Singh