• 1/2 cup – cornflakes for frying
• 1 tbsp – Peanuts
• 2 tsp – each raisins, cashews
• 1 stalk – Curry leaves
• 2 – Green chillies chopped to 1/2 inch pieces
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 3-4 – pinches citric acid powdered
• 1/2 tsp – Sugar
• salt to taste
• oil for deep frying
- Deep fry the cornflakes in hot oil till they are crispy but don’t let it become brown in colour.
- Drain and place it in a wide plate.
- Repeat it for all the flakes.
- Next fry the peanuts, curry leaves, cashew, raisins, green chillies one at a time.
- Drain it thoroughly.
- Add it to the fried flakes.
- Sprinkle all the other ingredients over the flakes.
- Mix it with your hands till the masala is evenly coated.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering