• Urad Dal – 1 cup
• Mung dal – 2 tbsp
• Curd – 3 cup
• Cumin – 2 tbsp
• Dry Red Chillies – 3
• Coriander leaves – a small bunch
• Sugar – 1/4 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Oil for frying
- Soak both the dals overnight or 6-8 hours.
- Grind it to smooth paste.
- Now take the curd and beat it nicely with a spoon along with salt and 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Fry cumin and the red chillies without oil and grind it to powder. Add this to the beaten curd with very little water. Keep aside.
- Make vadas with the dal mixture. Fry the vadas in oil and as soon as you take it out, put the vadas in warm water for 5-10 second
- After that take the vadas out and squeeze any excess water with hand and put it in the curd.
- Finally, you can garnish your dahi vada with coriander leaves.
- Add mustard, cumin, curry leaves and asafoetida seasoning to this
Recipe courtesy of Revathi Sreedar